YouTube ordered to shut celeb sex video

By : |January 5, 2007 0

SAO PAULO, Brazil:A Brazilian court ordered the popular video sharing service YouTube, a unit of Internet
search provider Google Inc., to be shut down until it removes a celebrity sex video from its site, a judicial clerk
said on Thursday.

Daniela Cicarelli, a model and ex-wife of soccer great Ronaldo, sued YouTube after a video of her apparently
having sex in shallow water on a beach with her boyfriend was posted to the site.

For days it was the most viewed video in Brazil.

                                 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cicarelli and boyfriend Tato Malzoni filed to force YouTube to take the video down and demanded $116,000 in
damages for each day the video remains up. Some copies of the video have been taken off the site but users
have reposted it.

The case dragged on for several months before they filed a third suit in December requesting that YouTube be shut down as long as the video is available to users.

The court honored that request on Wednesday, but legal experts say the ruling by the Brazilian court could be
difficult to enforce in the United States, where YouTube is based.

Last year, a Brazilian court demanded Google disclose data on local users of its social networking site Orkut
who had pages with content supporting racism or child pornography.

Google took down some of those Orkut pages but has said that under U.S. law it could not reveal user data.
Google was not immediately available for comment on Thursday.

© Reuters

No Comments so fars

Jump into a conversation

No Comments Yet!

You can be the one to start a conversation.