Advertisment

Toshiba eyes No. 2 slot in notebook space

author-image
CIOL Bureau
New Update

NEW DELHI: Toshiba is eyeing the No 2 spot, currently No 3, in the notebook space in India.

Advertisment

Toshiba’s Computer Systems Division is a division of Toshiba Singapore Pte. Ltd.

Ivan Kam, manager - Distributor Business, South Asia of Toshiba said that the company is aiming to tap a market share of 15 per cent in India.

“Currently our market share is 9.5 per cent and we are targeting to reach 15 per cent by the end of March 2007,” Kam said.

Advertisment

He said that according to reports there are around one million units of notebooks sold in India of which Toshiba has a share of 9.5 per cent.

On the business opportunities in the B2C space, Kam said that around 40 per cent of the business comes from this space and is growing. And the rest 60 per cent comes from B2B space.

The company foresees to sell 60,000 units in India by March 2007.

Advertisment

“There is a perception among the consumers that the Toshiba notebooks are expensive and we want to amend this myth. Our range starts from Rs. 30,000, which is targeted at the student community. Advanced users can go for the high-end notebooks,” he added.

Kam said that the dealer base in India would be doubled to 600 by March-end next year.

He added that they are planning to add 3,500 more dealers in India. However, he denied revealing the time frame to reach this mark.

“We are meeting the dealers tonight to discuss plans to boost our business here,” he stated.

© CyberMedia News

tech-news