Digital Impact Square (DISQ) is a TCS Foundation Initiative. It is an online platform as well as a physical location at Nashik, Maharashtra. An open social innovation platform designed to enhance the lives of citizens; it encourages innovation using digital technologies; to address the needs of citizens through their voice and that of the local administration, government, and industry.
Digital Impact Square’s ‘DISQovery 2021’ initiative is looking for teams of Young innovators with an entrepreneurial bent of mind; who want to turn an idea or a concept into a successful startup and are willing to commit for the next 12-18 months to further their cause in the area of Agriculture Technologies. An early-stage startup, which is keen on growing and scaling their innovation can participate in the event before November 15.
1. Any Individual or a team of Individuals (two or more in a team preferred ) that has an innovative Idea with detailed problems or ideas validated with beneficiaries and a Prototype or MVP that addresses the challenges exists.
2. The Idea/ Prototype / MVP should have the use of Digital Technologies.
3. Founding members of the team are less than 27 years of age and should not be currently employed. If there are team members that are older and augmenting the team, do mention that.
4. Passion and commitment to grow and scale to create social impact and positively influence lives.
5. The initiative is ideally in the pre-revenue stage. The team who have received Prize Money or Grants may apply, by providing the details about the organization.
The themes for the challenge are:
Agri -Skill development and Education
Agri - Information Communication technologies ( ICT)
1. Access to a vast ecosystem of partners across multiple domains including Industry, Academia, Government, and NGOs
2. Mentorship– One on one coaching and mentoring by highly experienced coaches from DISQ
3. Mentoring by industry and domain experts
4. Pre-incubation support to refine your MVP
5. Build a multi-disciplinary team with Technical, Design, and MBA interns
6. Pilot opportunities with Ecosystem partners
7. Support for IP/ Startup registration
8. Enable Grants for Incubatee teams from various funding agencies.
9. Grow stage incubation support from Partnered Incubator programs
Procedure Post Submission
S1 – Complete the Application form on Startup India Portal
S2- DISQ team will connect for further evaluation
S3- Final shortlisting for DISQovery 2021, the list will be released by the second week of December.
S4- Confirmation and Onboarding for DISQovery 2021- Probe Phase 1- Innovation Bootcamp
The probe phase is divided into two sub-phases:
Phase 1- Bootcamp – Problem Fit (10 weeks – Starts in January 1st week)
This phase will end with each team pitching their enhanced MVP to a panel of domain experts and DISQ for selection into the DISQ Incubation Program
Phase 2- Incubation Phase – Solution Fit (April – June)
This phase will end with a pitch for evaluation and promotion of teams to the next phase where they will get additional funding and build a sustainable social enterprise
Contact for more details
Ms Vanita Talreja
Human Generalist Manager
Digital Impact Square, A TCS Foundation Initiative
You can know more about the vent and apply on the official website of Startup India.
About TCS Foundation
TCS Foundation is a Section 8 company incorporated in 2015. Its sole objective is to carry on the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities of the Company.