From the twenty-one companies shortlisted, eight winners will be felicitated and recognised for their outstanding contribution to the Indian IT sector at the forthcoming NASSCOM 2008 India Leadership Forum, scheduled in Mumbai from 13th-15th February 2008.
MARKET FACING INNOVATION WINNERS
Market facing innovations are innovations in areas which impact a firm’s markets. These could be new products or services, new customer segments, business models etc. Innovations in this area have typically a direct correlation with the revenue of a firm.
· Comat Technologies (P) Ltd- Comat’s Rural Business Centers which serves over 35,000 rural customers a day.
· Financial Technologies India Ltd- for DOME™ (Distributed Order Matching Engine) an integrated matching engine for commodities as well as equities providing Trading, Surveillance, real time pre trade Risk Management and Clearing and Settlement a highly scalable solution which can scale up based on increasing load demands.
· Mango Technologies Pvt Ltd- for Application framework for low-cost terminal devices like mobile phones, media players etc. This is the lowest memory footprint solution in its segment, with differentiating features for terminal devices.
· MediaLab Asia- for Sanyog a Multilingual (English, Hindi & Bengali) augmentative Communication System for the Speech Impaired and Children affected with Neuro Motor Disorders such as Cerebral Palsy.
· Mistral Solutions Pvt Ltd- for Market facing Innovation for V8TS, an extremely powerful dual sub-system product consisting of digital signal processing and control processing on a single 6UVME platform
· Texas Instrument for Market facing Innovation for LoCosto the first single chip solution for wireless handsets.
PROCESS INNOVATION WINNERS
Process innovations are innovations related to how different processes are managed within a firm to increase the firms’ competitiveness.
· Mindtree Consulting- for Knowledge Management ecosystem a holistic taking into view the entire lifecycle view of knowledge including knowledge creation and innovation, collaboration and knowledge sharing, and reuse.
INPUT INNOVATION WINNERS
· MeritTrac Solutions Pvt Ltd- for online assessment hubs MAZ provide an ideal testing ambience with end-to-end recruitment processing from registrations to offer rollout.
Input innovations are innovations related to inputs which are brought into a firm. Examples of typical inputs into a firm would include talent, capital and technology
NASSCOM Innovation in IT Awards
The key focus for the NASSCOM Innovation Forum has been to build innovation as the key differentiator for the Indian IT and BPO industry. In its third year now, the NASSCOM Innovation Awards is the premier recognition for Indian IT companies who have instilled innovation into existing competence and have created new ideas, products, processes or technologies that drive businesses to achieve higher margins and thus profits to re-invest in the business. Post the success of this initiative in 2006; the platform has been broad based this year to include more companies innovating at various fronts.