Google has announced six Indian startups who have been shortlisted for the fourth class of Google Accelerator Program. These six startups will be joining the latest class of Launchpad that has 27 other startups from across Asia, Africa, Europe, and Latin America, at the Google Developers Launchpad Space in San Francisco.
The fourth class will kick off from 17th July 2017 and will include two weeks of all-expense-paid mentorship boot camp. This batch of startups will gain from Google's new curriculum that will help the startups to dig deeper into machine learning and AI and help them leverage Google’s latest technologies to scale their apps.
“These startups were shortlisted from hundreds of startups who applied this year based on their unique value proposition and use of latest technologies like machine learning and AI (Artificial Intelligence) to build high impact solutions that are solving for the Indian context, focusing on new internet users and digital India. We’re thrilled to see the quality of startups coming from India and we look forward to working them closely for the next six months," said Paul Ravindranath G, Program Manager, Google India.
The six startups are:
- EdGE Networks: HR solutions provider powered by Artificial Intelligence
- FastFilmz: The Super App for Super Fans of South Indian movies
- IndiaLends: Credit underwriting and analytics platform for unsecured consumer lending
- RailYatri: Intelligent, big data platform that leverages crowd-sourced content to help long distance travellers
- RecipeBook: Intelligent solutions in food and retail powered by deep learning computer vision
- SigTuple: Smart screening solutions powered by data-driven intelligence
In the six-month programme, these startups will undergo intensive mentoring from 20-plus teams across Google and mentors from top technology companies in the Silicon Valley.
Additionally, they will receive equity-free support and credits for Google products. After returning from San Francisco, these startups will work closely with Google in India.