Cognizant headcount to touch 9000

By : |August 29, 2003 0



CHENNAI: IT services provider, Cognizant Technology Solutions is getting aggressive in recruitment, where it plans to recruit 1,300 — 2,300 professionals in the coming two quarters.


Over 90 percent of this recruitment will happen in India and the placements will happen across levels and across an array of technologies spanning e-business, mainframe and client server.


At the end of June 2003, Cognizant’s worldwide headcount (including both technical professionals and support staff) was approximately 6,700, with India having 5,000 personnel. “We expect to finish this calendar year with anywhere between 8,000 to 9,000 professionals worldwide, which means recruiting an additional 1,300 to 2,300 professionals,” remarked Cognizant Senior VP, R Chandrasekaran.


About 50 percent to 60 percent of this new recruitment would be for the Chennai development center and the remaining 40 percent to 50 percent would be for Cognizant other development centers across Pune, Kolkata, Bangalore and Hyderabad, the US and Europe.


Cognizant has the tradition of recruiting about 60 percent of its employees from campuses (premier engineering institutions and B-schools) and the remaining 40 percent from the open market. “We go to about 40 premier engineering campuses and top six B-Schools in India for entry level recruiting. The remaining professionals are recruited from the open market. Currently, as Cognizant is seeing good buoyancy in its business, it is recruiting across levels and across an array of technologies,” added Chandrasekaran.


(CNS)

No Comments so fars

Jump into a conversation

No Comments Yet!

You can be the one to start a conversation.