TI intros XDS200 JTAG emulator, providing software designers mid-range option for embedded designsAuthor : August 13, 2013 0
DALLAS, USA: Building upon its robust embedded processing software and tools ecosystem, Texas Instruments (TI) announced a new class of JTAG emulator, the XDS200 for $295.
This new emulator can be utilized for hardware debugging, algorithm development and programming on TI’s embedded processors. Providing a great balance of cost and performance, the XDS200 emulator fits in the overall TI emulator portfolio between the entry-level XDS100 JTAG emulator and the XDS560v2 JTAG emulator with system trace receiver. XDS200 JTAG emulators support a USB connection to the host computer and work with 32- and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems.
JTAG emulators grant developers direct access to the application program, memory and registers, and provide the ability to control device execution. All TI JTAG emulators, including the new XDS200, can be controlled through a software integrated development environment (IDE), such as TI’s Code Composer Studio IDE, which can be utilized across TI’s entire embedded processing portfolio.
XDS200 JTAG Emulator features and benefits:
* Significant performance and productivity improvement over the entry-level, scan-based XDS100 JTAG emulator, allowing a larger array of debug capabilities, power levels and IEEE standards.
* Supports 14-pin TI, 20-pin TI, 20-pin ARMÂ® and 10-pin ARM CortexTM JTAG headers.
* Features debug capabilities, such as emulation connect/disconnect, read/write memory, read registers, load program, run, halt, step, software and hardware breakpoint support and real-time mode.
* Supports traditional IEEE 1149.1 (JTAG), IEEE 1149.7 (cJTAG) and Serial Wire Debug (SWD) for a large variety of embedded software designs.
* Sustains a broad range of JTAG interface input/output power levels (+1.5v to +4.1V).
* Enables users to get started on TI embedded processor designs quickly and easily with XDS200 quick-start guide.
* Facilitates software design on nearly all TI embedded processors.
* Provides users a complete, robust tool chain for hardware debug and algorithm development with TI’s compatible Code Composer Studio IDE.
The XDS200 JTAG emulator with USB is available today for $295 through the TI estore.