SCOTTSDALE, USA: Red Hat Inc. announced updates to Red Hat Academy, the company’s open source education program that offers turnkey curriculum materials for educational programs in global secondary and higher education institutions.
Red Hat has expanded Red Hat Academy to include content on Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform and Red Hat JBoss Middleware, making Red Hat Academy the first program of its kind to offer an organized OpenStack offering, including a curriculum for instructors, textbooks, and labs, to high school and higher educational institutions.
For more than a decade, Red Hat Academy has outfitted schools with hands-on curriculum, labs, performance-based testing, and educator training and support. Red Hat Academy’s 100 percent web-based curriculum helps create proven competencies through hands-on, performance-based learning and testing.
In its original iteration, Red Hat Academy included only Linux curriculum. With this announcement, Red Hat Academy now includes:
- Expanded content covering many of Red Hat’s most popular platform, middleware and cloud technologies, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administration, Red Hat JBoss Administration, Red Hat JBoss Development, and Red Hat OpenStack Enterprise Administration.
- New and redesigned web-based and mobile-friendly textbooks.
- New tests and quizzes with performance tracking.
- A new skills application lab system with self-checking performance feedback.
- Certification exams upon completion of course work in most areas.
Collaboration with Red Hat through Red Hat Academy includes classroom labs that provide a hands-on environment for learning and performing skills, as well as a self-checking function for immediate feedback. Participating students receive a voucher to take the Red Hat certification exam associated with the course they completed. Once certified, the student is enrolled in the Red Hat Certification Forum, connecting them to other Red Hat Certified Professionals and employers seeking certified professionals.
Red Hat Academy courses are available in North America and select European and Asia-Pacific countries.