Oracle unveils MySQL Workbench 6.0 with redesigned UIAuthor : Abhigna August 12, 2013 0
REDWOOD SHORES, USA: Expanding data volumes and Web, cloud and mobile computing growth have increased management challenges for database professionals.
To help developers and administrators better manage these dynamic data environments, Oracle has released MySQL Workbench 6.0 with a redesigned user interface and new features that allow users to simplify MySQL database development, design and administration.
The latest version delivers a redesigned graphical user interface (GUI) that extends database management capabilities and improves user productivity, said a press release.
“To address scalability and performance challenges of Web, mobile, and cloud environments, organizations around the world are using MySQL,” said Tomas Ulin, vice president MySQL Engineering, Oracle.
“MySQL Workbench 6.0 is a major update that features a number of new enhancements based on community feedback. This release makes it easier than ever for administrators and developers to design, develop, and manage their MySQL databases,” added Ulin.
Oracle claims that MySQL Workbench is a unified visual tool that provides data modeling, SQL development, and comprehensive administration for server configuration, user administration, migration and more.
Some of the features according to Oracle are:
* Redesigned GUI: includes a modernized home screen and a streamlined interface for unified, multi-tasking database management and development.
* Vertical query results mode: allows query results to be visualized as a column/value pair list, which is ideal for queries that produce few rows but many columns.
* Cascaded DELETE statement generator: automatically performs the tedious task of creating DELETE statements for deleting a row referenced by foreign keys.
* Improved Visual Entity-Relationship Model Synchronization: with live schemas, making the integrated database modeling tool even more useful for managing schemas.
* New Schema Inspector: provides a suite of detailed views of all objects in the schemas plus access to table maintenance operations such as ANALYZE and OPTIMIZE TABLE.
* New Table Data Search: enables a text search on any number of tables and schemas for rows matching a given pattern.
* Improved Server Status: provides a quick summary of server status and configuration.
* Wizard Based Migration Support: for Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE), PostgreSQL and now with additional support for Sybase SQL Anywhere and SQLite.
* Community driven features: MySQL Workbench 6.0 addresses well over 200 inputs and requests from the community.