This guide discusses the most irritating features of the latest Microsoft operating system and how to get around them
BANGALORE, INDIA: Windows Vista may be the next big thing, but it still contains enough quirks and unaccountable behaviors to vex anyone.
This unique guide not only discusses the most irritating features of the latest Microsoft operating system and how to get around them, but also explains how to improve Windows and do more with the software than Microsoft intended.
You'll find information on setup, installation, upgrade from other Windows versions, the revamped interface, new security features, user accounts, troubleshooting, and the markedly improved Internet Explorer 7.
Other chapters cover a wide range of key topics:
* Media Center - tips on photos, videos, music, TV tuners, HD, and the media center engine
* The Registry - explains the background and tools for working with Windows' database of settings
* Tinkering Techniques - offers hacking-style customization and problem-solving topics
* Networking and Wireless - includes LAN setup, WiFi sniffers and access points, connection sharing, firewalls, routers, and FTP
* Scripting and Automation - introduces simple programming using the Windows Scripting Host for automating repetitive tasks
Click here to know more...!