A briefBANGALORE, INDIA: With cloud services you can increase the business value of your IT through ground-breaking innovation. By migrating to cloud technologies you can provide anytime, anywhere access to workers to boost their productivity. And with cloud computing you can set up new servers in minutes, giving you much greater IT flexibility while avoiding the upfront costs associated with building and scaling your business-critical infrastructures. Here is a brief on Microsoft private and public cloud for SMBs:
Public Cloud – Windows Azure
Windows Azure is Microsoft’s platform-as-a-service (PaaS) that enables you to develop and run applications on a platform that quickly scales up or down with business demands. Do it all with the skill sets and tools that your developers and IT staff already know and use every day.
- Easily create new applications and services or move existing applications to the cloud.
- Consumption-based pricing means you won’t spend money on services you won’t use and helps you ensure a predictable IT spend.
- Receive development tools, automated service management, and global datacenter presence enable you to respond faster to customer needs and reach new markets.
- Get 99.9%+ uptime and 24/7 support so you can be sure you’ll have the services your business needs when it needs them.
Also read: Microsoft Small Business Competency for Small Business
Private Cloud – Windows Server and Systems Center
Harness the power of the cloud with Microsoft’s infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) offering. Use Windows Server 2008 R2 and Systems Center to take advantage of the benefits of virtualization, simplifying management and improving security.
- Consolidate underused servers on a single host running virtual machines.
- Leverage virtualization to re-host legacy environments or run different operating systems, including 32- and 64- bit systems across different server platforms.
- Manage your IT environment from a single console, streamlining management, automating system updates, and accelerating problem resolution.
- Enhance security and improve compliance through identity tracking and policy management.