10 Tips That Will Make Consumers BuyBANGALORE, INDIA: Packaging plays an important role in the marketing of your products. It is key to attracting the attention of buyers. It helps define the product, create brand identity, and creates the first impression to consumers in the grocery or store aisles.
Here are 10 packaging tips that will lure consumers to buy your product:
1. Understand the customer: There are numerous niche markets out there that require specialized packaging. So if you are targeting one of those, do your research first. What works for one target market may not work for another.
2. Find out what package attributes appeal to the customer you are targeting: Make sure your package employs the characterisitics that appeal to your target market.
3. Understand how the package will be used: It s not uncommon to serve different meals to different individuals. Package sizes will vary accordingly.
4. Know your customers current buying trends: To package smaller does not mean less profit, in many cases it means more. Consumers are willing to pay a premium for convenience, ease of use and smaller quantity.
Also read: Ways to get ads for your SME website
5. Keep abreast of new packaging technologies: Creative new products have the advantage in the marketing world even if their technology is not new but the application is.
6. Watch where people shop: There is a shift from traditional retailers to new and innovative store formats. The convenience store, once considered a low end marketer, has now transitioned into store that provides premium products at a premium.
7. Keep pace with “hot button” packaging issues: This includes legislation too. People do really care about the environment and the amount of excess packaging. There is a move afoot to expand the number of vegetable based plastic materials used in food packaging.
Also read: India's exports decline by 4.16 p.c. in May
8. Security in packaging is becoming increasingly important: This will continue to come into focus as more people become concerned about product integrity. One major security scare could force everyone to change their packaging methods immediately. Look for new tamper evident and security devices that can be incorporated into your packaging. Cost efficiencies are now making many of these devices more affordable and will soon become mainstream.
9. Competition of various packaging materials is increasing: With the imports that are readily available to the merger and acquisition mania that is taking place, keep current on your chain of supply globalization. C
10. External influence of power players: The big box retailers are driving packaging procedures and policies at retail. Mandates from these companies such as RFID tracking are in their infancy.
Remember, the customer depends upon you, the manufacture, as a resource. They expect you to keep up with packaging trends and technologies and provide the latest and greatest innovations the industry has to offer.