Highlights and FeaturesBANGALORE, INDIA: Offers a broad range of storage and networking options to simplify infrastructure complexity and manageability while helping lower total cost of ownership for Midsize Businesses
- Integrates servers, SAN storage, networking, I/O and applications into a single chassis.
- Uses standard office power plugs with 100 - 240 V, so you do not need a data center to take command of your data.
- Featuring the BladeCenter Start Now Advisor, making it easy to set up servers, SAN storage, network switches and SAN switches, all from a single console.
- Flexible modular technology integrates the latest x86 and IBM Power blade servers supporting a wide range of operating systems.
- Comes with management tools that are open and easily integrated, allowing you to focus on your business, not your IT.
- Helps build greener IT infrastructures with powerful IBM Cool Blue® technology, and a portfolio of products and tools to help customers plan, manage and control power and cooling.
BladeCenter S offers a broad range of storage and networking options integrated into the chassis to simplify infrastructure complexity and manageability while helping lower total cost of ownership.
The BladeCenter Office Enablement Kit is the ideal way to deploy BladeCenter S into your everyday office. The kit enables several office-friendly features such as the built-in Acoustical Module, a front locking door, 33 percent or 4U available for expansion or for your other IT and optional contaminants filter.
Also read: IBM gives Express Advantage to SMBs
- First BladeCenter chassis built specifically for the office and distributed enterprise environment.
- Start Now Advisor makes it simple to set up BladeCenter S from a single console.
- The first blade chassis to incorporate a fully redundant SAN inside the BladeCenter S.
- Open and easy management tools deliver advanced, proactive management, providing rich and broad systems management capabilities.
- Predictive Failure Analysis helps save you time and money by helping decrease unplanned downtime.
- Calibrated Vectored Cooling helps maintain the health of your system by keeping internal components coo.l
- Available in the Office Enablement Kit, the ideal way to deploy BladeCenter S into the everyday office environment.
- 7U rack-optimized chassis
- Up to six blade server bays
- Up to 12 SAS, Nearline SAS or SATA or an intermix of the disks
- Hot-swap and redundant switch modules supporting SAS, Gigabit Ethernet, and Fibre Channel options
- Up to four hot-swap and redundant load-balancing power supply modules
- High-availability midplane helps enable increased uptime and investment protection for future technologies