Raspberry Pi Compute Development Kit, which allows design engineers to harness the power of the Raspberry Pi for embedded applications
INDIA: element14, the high-service distributor of technology products and solutions for electronics system design and industrial automation will be showcasing the latest from its range of development kits at the ESC India 2014 to be held from 16-18 July, 2014 in the NIMHANS Convention Centre, Bangalore.
Ravi Pagar, Regional director - South Asia, element14 Asia-Pacific said, "ESC is the largest platform for embedded engineers to meet with experts from across the world and we are excited to be here to showcase our newest products from our technology partners TI, Freescale, Raspberry Pi and more, and to discuss key developments in the IoT space. At the conference, we are presenting a paper on SBCs for IoT and aim to help dissolve the entry barriers that early adopters may face in developing next-generation electronics."
The three-day conference will host an array of eminent speakers who will elaborate on the emerging technology trends such as Embedded Linux and Debugging Techniques. Anil Kumar Challyil, Business Development manager, element14 will be presenting on "Single board computers for IoT" on 18 July, Friday at 4:30 pm. He will discuss how using the right ready-to-adapt solutions can help developers build unique devices to take advantage of the IoT phenomenon.
Some of the displays:
* Raspberry Pi Compute Development Kit, which allows design engineers to harness the power of the Raspberry Pi for embedded applications. The module allows design engineers to use their own interface board that will host the compute module and deliver a smooth experience as they move from prototyping on the Pi through to shipping commercial product in volume.
* EnOcean Sensor Kit requires no cables or batteries and can be used with the EnOcean Pi. The self-powered wireless sensors and a switch, ideal for home automation applications, can directly communicate with an intelligent smart home server via the EnOcean standardized ultra-low power radio protocol; with a range of up to 30 meters in buildings.
* BeagleBone Black development platform, based on TI's Sitara AM3358 processor, which features an ARM Cortex-A8 processor running at 1GHz and an onboard HDMI.
* Touch-screen display expansion capes for the BeagleBone family, available in two sizes; 4.3" and 7" displays, with a resistive touch-screen and provide full access to the BeagleBone GPIOs.
* New open source, single board platform Revolutionizing the Internet of Things (RIoT) board, based on Freescale's i.MX 6Solo processor, and supported by an active Community at element14.
* TE Connectivity component solutions for motion and drives is a recent offering at element14 that will be showcased. The broad portfolio of TE products, available through element14, helps save power and reduce applied cost.