UP govt gives free HP laptops to students

Uttar Pradesh to buy 15 lakh laptops from HP India

Uttar Pradesh to buy 15 lakh laptops from HP India

HP bags laptop orders worth Rs 2858 crore from UP government

HP bags laptop orders worth Rs 2858 crore from UP government

Laptops make students attentive in classrooms

Has Akhilesh's free laptop scheme in UP run into rough weather?

Has Akhilesh's free laptop scheme in UP run into rough weather?

laptop-girl

BANGALORE, INDIA: As part of the UP government's laptop distribution scheme, Akhilesh Yadav, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh distributed free laptops to about 10,000 intermediate students.

This initiative was taken by the UP government to encourage the students to pursue higher studies in future. It was also a part of the election campaign promise by Samjawadi Party which is now led by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav who came to power on March 15, 2012.

On January 23, 2013, the UP Government had approved the purchase of 15 lakh laptops from HP India at a unit cost of Rs. 19,058. The UP Government had invested about Rs. 2,858 crore for purchasing 15 lakh laptops from HP India that includes all taxes and duty costs. Owing to the large scale of the tender, the deal was delayed thrice before and now it has finally fructified.

The free laptops feature a 14-inch display and a 500GB hard disk along with 2GB RAM. It is also equipped with features like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and has a battery life of minimum 3 hours.

Along with a power slot, the laptop comes with 3 USB ports, an HDMI port, media card reader and a microphone port. There's also a VGA port along with ports for headphones and speakers.

Apart from having a DVD writer, the laptops are equipped with Hindi, English and Urdu typing capabilities. The laptops come with Microsoft Security Essentials to keep the laptops virus-free. It also has MS-Office Pro Academic 2010. Among other accessories are a carry bag and a user manual.

For getting these free laptops, students should be studying in higher education institutes, recognised by a known authority of the state. The students should have passed either the Intermediate exam held by Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad, Allahabad in 2012 or Uttar Madhyama exam by Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Sanskrit Shiksha Parishad or Alim exam that is equivalent to intermediate exam by Uttar Pradesh Madarsa Shiksha Parishad or the Class 12 exams of C.B.S.E or I.C.S.E boards in 2012.

As per the official spokesperson, the laptops are equipped with a repository of digital content. The party had also promised for free computer tablets for students clearing their Class 10 examinations. However, the process of purchasing the tablets is still underway, as per an official spokesperson.

In the recent past, the Tamil Nadu Govt, Goa Education Department and the Goa Government had attempted to make technology available for the students at a low cost.

jai Fri Apr 18 at 07:01 PM

good

mohd ahtesham Tue Mar 18 at 12:10 PM

dear sir,please provide the laptop sir without laptop lot of problems create any opportunity giving us from the government. i cannot receive the any opportunity. so the sir i request you to provide the laptop thank you

Md.Kamil Mon Mar 17 at 10:52 PM

Dear Sir, Request you please provide Laptop Regards, Md.Kamil Email: md.kamil288@gmail.com

Name.yashpal.singh Thu Feb 27 at 09:28 PM

Sir is saal laptop nahi milange kya. . .plz comment sir

balaji Fri Feb 21 at 12:24 PM

kya is sal laptop milega so you go on www.rodot786@gmail.com

Amit Ojha Wed Feb 12 at 10:37 AM

sir laptop ki display ka screen creck dikh raha hai mai kya karu. what should be I do plz tell. ph.8652669460,9619512080

gaurav srivastav Tue Feb 11 at 10:20 AM

2014 laptop form kab tk aayenge...........so plzzz rply

pranav varshney Fri Feb 7 at 11:24 AM

sir laptop ki cd drive nahi chal rahi he what should i do plz tell

sanjay Sat Jan 18 at 06:51 PM

sir, i had accidently broken my laptop screen. the service center in my district says that it is not covered under warranty. is it so please let me know

neha Wed Jan 15 at 09:22 PM

i have laptop

vishal Thu Jan 9 at 11:27 AM

Sir .. maine 2013 me 12th pass kiya h .. mujhe laptop milega ki nahi ......plz tell me sir..

Shiv Shankar Wed Jan 8 at 12:22 PM

sir. 1st list walo ko to laptop bat chuka hai. 2nd list walo ka to koi jikr hi nahi ho raha hai To kya sar aap bata sakte ho laptop milega ya nahi agar nahi dena tha to jhutha vada kyaon kiya gaya kya ham up ke sutudent nahi iss par uchit karyvahi ki jay

amit kumar Sun Dec 22 at 01:18 AM

lavda lelo laptop

Name Sun Nov 24 at 02:02 PM

Abe Akhilesh saale tu graduate aur post graduate wale ko laptop kyu nahi diya be saale. kya aur yadavo ki tarah tumhara bhi buddhi sirf barah baje khulta hai kya... Lullu saale...

abhishek Sun Nov 24 at 01:26 PM

Sir When distubited the laptop baraut(baghpat). I not reach there. Plz tell 2nd time distubate date. I got the laptop Picard. Abhishek

Satish kashyap s/o Ajay kumar kashyap Sat Nov 23 at 06:33 PM

2nd list ko laptop ab tk nahi mila. Kab milega ? Tell me Mohm. Hasan p.g. College, jaunpup (u.p)

amit saroj Wed Nov 20 at 08:48 PM

2013 मे कक्ष10 पास करने वाले विद्यार्थी को क्या LACTOP मिलेगा मैँ 11TH मे पढ़ता हूँ

RAVI KUMAR Wed Nov 13 at 11:58 PM

sir mene 2012 m 12th pass ki h..ab m Mathura s Polytechnic Diploma kr raha hu kya muje laptop nahi milega ..mene form bhi bhara tha

Santosh saroj Tue Nov 12 at 06:08 AM

dev kumar Fri Nov 8 at 12:31 PM

SIR MAINE INTER 2012 me pass kiya hain phir maine B.Sc me admission liya phir aagle year me maine polytechnic me admission le liya so please tell me sir how I am apply for Laptop registration? please give details on my email id "dev_k157@rediffmail.com".

Rishiraj Fri Nov 1 at 11:39 AM

SIR MAINE INTER 2012 me pass kiya hain phir maine B.Sc me admission liya phir aagle year me maine polytechnic me admission le liya so please tell me sir how I am apply for Laptop registration? please give details on my email id "rajrishi333@gmail.com".

harshita chauhan , Thu Oct 31 at 04:56 PM

sir i m harshita i have passed 121th in 2012 so i m eligible for laptop vitran , but i not able to fill up the form that time and now i m late for that ,please tell me whether late students will have the opportunity to fill the form and what is the last date , refer me the website in which form is available .

rambabu prajapati Thu Oct 24 at 10:32 PM

sir mai 2012 12th pass kiya tha lekin form nahi apply kiya tha mai hydrbad se b.tech ker raha hu es bar 2nd yar hai please bataye laptop hame kaise milega please informe kijiye PLZ. CAL ME 9032820153

lal mohd 9794295218 Tue Oct 22 at 06:24 AM

sir jin logon ne 2012 se pehle inter paas kiya he unko aap laptop kyo nahi dete hein kya unhone aapko vote nahi diya tha agar aap sabko nahi de sakte hein to jo net par apply kare unko to de hi sakte he sir jinke paas paisa na ho unka parhna likhna bekar hota he un par aapki sarkar bhi taras nahi khati hamari sister ne 2012 me inter paas kiya he lekin usko bhi laptop nahi mila he. Ham gareebo ki list hamesha kho jati he.

ASHISH KUMAR Thu Oct 10 at 10:03 PM

sir jo students laptop vitran me chhot gaye hai unki list dubara ayegi ya nhi please tell me main late. pt.ramdutt duwedi mahavidalaya rampura jalaun study kar raha hun jabki iss college me laptop vitran ho gaya hai yahan par sansad ghanshyam anuragi ne laptop yitrit kiye hai jinhe maine application di aur laptop na milne ki baat batai so sir plaese tell me about nest list of laptop distribution

zubair ansari Fri Oct 4 at 11:19 PM

sir kya 2012mean inter pass kar ne ke baad agar ek saal admisson nhi mila aur agle year 2013 ko admisson lene par kaise milege milega ki nahi laptop plese sir hum logo ko bhi maoka milna chahiye

TRISHALA SINGH Thu Oct 3 at 07:38 PM

DEAR SIR, I MS TRISHALA SINGH R/O HOUSE NO A-14 SWASTHYA VIHAR DELHI 110092&STUDENT OF 3RD SEMESTER BALLB AT LLOYD LAW COLLEGE GREATER NOIDA,GAUTAM BUDHA NAGAR HAS BEEN SHOWN AS BENIFICARY OF SERIAL NO2013060807981/BATCH NO169-IN30132783-20130620-021 BUT I AM A NON RECIPIENT TILL DATE.MY NEW REGN NO ISG3U4WLW9.PL LOOK INTO THE MATTER.THANKS

TRISHALA SINGH Thu Oct 3 at 03:43 PM

I HAVE BEEN DECLARED AS A BENEFICIARY VIDE SERIAL NO 2013060807981/BATCH NO-169-in 30132783-20130620-021 WHEREAS I AM A NON RECIPIENT TILL DATE.THANKS

ubaid ansari Tue Oct 1 at 02:36 PM

sir ji jalaun me laptop kab milege seth birendra kumar mittal gunda jalaun

nishant gupta Sat Sep 28 at 09:26 PM

sir kya nios board walo ko laptop milnge

Gourav Kumar Fri Sep 27 at 07:55 PM

Sir ji mane 2012 me 12th pass out ki hai. Main B.A privet ker rha hu mareko laptoop melagi sir

anand pandey Thu Sep 26 at 01:41 PM

sir saket pg collage me laptop kab milega

pooja verma Tue Sep 24 at 12:55 PM

SIR MAINE RKIC THUTHIBARI SE INTER PASS KIYA HAI AUR MAINE B.SC KA ADMISSION NANDNI NAGAR P.G. COLLAGE NAWABGANJGONDA ME LIYA HAI ... MER FIRST LIST ME NAAM NAHI HAI , PLS TELL ME KI KAB MERA NAAM AAYEGA

susheel yadav Tue Sep 24 at 11:37 AM

main susheel yadav 2012 main iter passout kiya tha jo high education ke liye jaipur national university se DMLT kar rah huin krapya karke batane ki krapa kre ki laptop kase prapt kiya ja sakta hai?

JOHNSON Wed Sep 18 at 03:33 PM

CAN I BORROW LOPTOP HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES?

farha Tue Sep 17 at 01:01 PM

RESPECTED SIR HAME DEOBAND WALO KO LAPTOP KAB MILEGE

vivek Mon Sep 16 at 12:07 PM

i am 10 passed

Manpreet singh Mon Sep 16 at 11:16 AM

Dear sir, maine private school me Barvi ki hai, main aage v study karna chahta hu, kya mujhe laptop milega

anil kumar kushwaha Sun Sep 15 at 09:02 AM

otar i.d. Ka poroses

akhilesh yadev Sun Sep 15 at 08:20 AM

mirzapur ma kab laptop kab bata ga.

satish kumar Sat Sep 14 at 02:19 PM

dear sir mera naam stish kumar hai. kya meerut me private collage me laptop distribute hoge.kab hoge ,plzzz..send details my email. Thanks dear sir

Gourav Kumar Sat Sep 14 at 11:43 AM

Sir privets valo ko laptop milege ya nhi

vivek kumar Fri Sep 13 at 04:57 PM

sir laptap kab tak milega hamare fatehapur me rah gae 4 degree college ki tarekh kab tak milege plz jaldi kare

Name- Shivani Wed Sep 11 at 11:47 AM

Sir, meerut ka private college vala students ko laptop kb mile ge

mohd vakeel Mon Sep 9 at 12:28 PM

sir pratapgarh ke private mahaviddyalay me laptops ka vitran kb hoga

shrikant madhukar Sat Sep 7 at 07:34 PM

sir jaunpur me laptop privet college me kab milega pleas tell me sir.

Jalaluddeen Tue Sep 3 at 11:21 AM

mai baldev sing bhale svultan p g college ka studen t hu . Hamare yahan laptop kab tak milega. Please tell me fast sir.

Sarita Sun Sep 1 at 01:16 PM

Sarita, Sundary 1st Sept. 1.20 pm Sir, Hamare Bhagwan Singh Mahavidayala, Patar, Dubar, Mirzapur mai ka Laptop Milega Kyoiki College ma mil gaya Hai Please Sir.

Ravi dangi Sat Aug 31 at 09:31 AM

Respect fully Sir, i m from jhansi sir maine ab jhansi me sarkaari college se 12th pass kiya hai sir , please mujhe kab milegea aapne sarkaari college me B.k.D SABHI ME diya sir pr mere college me kab aayega sir please sir (Shri guru harkishan egree college, please sir aapne baaki k college mai diya aur hum sb unhe dekh rhe h vo sb use kr rhe h aur hamere pass sir mila bhi nahi

vishal kaushik Fri Aug 30 at 08:24 PM

sir laptop meerut me kab milenge , and i am from mit meerut..

Broadband goes wireless – but, are poorer countries being left behind?