• Products

No LG Nexus 4 in India yet, but LG Optimus G launched at Rs. 34,500

Google LG Nexus 4 vs LG Optimus G: Which one will you take home?

Google LG Nexus 4 vs LG Optimus G: Which one will you take home?

Google to release next Nexus smartphone in a month?

Google to release next Nexus smartphone in a month?

LG to intro mid-range Optimus series smartphones in January

LG Nexus 4 smartphone: Sources sure of Jan launch

LG Nexus 4 smartphone: Sources sure of Jan launch

lg-optimus-g

Powered by Qualcomm's quad-core Snapdragon processor, the Optimus G will work on superfast mobile networks and be able to carry out several functions at once

NEW DELHI, INDIA: Google LG Nexus 4 hasn't seen the light of day in India yet. However, LG Electronics Inc launched its high-end smartphone LG Optimus G, which is packed with powerful hardware upgrades.

Priced at Rs. 34,500, the smartphone has impressive features like 13 megapixel camera which a user can instruct to take snaps by talking to it, 1.3 megapixel front camera, 4.7-inch screen with apparently a sharper picture quality than both the iPhone and Samsung's Galaxy S III, Qualcomm quad-core Snapdragon processor.

The Optimus G will work on superfast m obile networks and be able to carry out several functions at once, such as showing a television broadcast and simultaneously sending text messages or searching the web.

Although LG Nexus 4 too has impressive features like 4.7 inch display, Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor, 8MP main camera and 1.3MP front camera, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system, 2GB RAM, and so on, the delay in India launch has upset Indian consumers.

''LG was not selling well before Nexus. Therefore when Google roped it in and gave its demand projections, LG chickened out and became conservative in rolling out the phones..anyways, I got the phone here in the US after a week of ordering and I can say that its better than anyphone at this price point. At $299-$349 and with Google Now/Android Jellybean, its just unbeatable,'' says a CIOL viewer.

''I really don't understand how a savvy company like Google can allow delay in launch of this much awaited product. That too in one of the most biggest market. Latest data shows that iPhone 5 (which is btw a premium smartphone) has increased market share through aggressive pricing,'' says another viewer on CIOL.

However, now that LG Optimus G is available in India at Rs. 34,500, what do you wish to do? Will you wait for the Google LG Nexus 4 or go for the LG Optimus G? Do let us know.

Sujith Fri Mar 29 at 02:23 PM

No way buying that Optimus g I will wait for NEXUS 4 forever !!!!

Sct Sun Mar 17 at 07:01 PM

Nexus 4 in India. I just stopped thinking about it as LG and GOOGLE taking no interest!!

rachit sinha Tue Mar 12 at 12:00 PM

if anyone is interested in buying the nexus 4 now, I can probably help. give me a call at 9650-55-54-52 or mail me at sinha.rachit@gmail.com

Rachit Sinha Tue Mar 12 at 11:56 AM

I just got the Google nexus 4 and it works great... I got it from a friend in us. works like a charm. the phone is awesome and Google has outdone itself with a master piece. I got it with android 4.2 but when I team it for the first time it says there is an update available, I installed it and I had the android 4.2.2!!! felt real nice cause I had the latest version of android even before Sony Samsung or lg plan foot an update!!! the phone is a matter class and everyone knows about the amazing configuration. nothing to brag about there. if you need it in Delhi, I can probably help you guy. outside Delhi, I may be able to courier it... but the phone is truly amazing.

vijendra Sun Mar 3 at 05:18 PM

i want to buy google nexus 4 pls sugget me when will come in india and price pls urgent send ur opinien

vijendra Sun Mar 3 at 05:18 PM

P Sat Mar 2 at 03:31 PM

wait..

ishaan Sat Mar 2 at 11:17 AM

i have ordered nexus 4 but i guess umi x2 is worth a watch

ishaan Sat Mar 2 at 11:17 AM

i have ordered nexus 4 but i guess umi x2 is worth a watch

ishaan Sat Mar 2 at 11:17 AM

i have ordered nexus 4 but i guess umi x2 is worth a watch

ishaan Sat Mar 2 at 11:17 AM

i have ordered nexus 4 but i guess umi x2 is worth a watch

ishaan Sat Mar 2 at 11:16 AM

i have ordered nexus 4 but i guess umi x2 is worth a watch

Hiren Sat Mar 2 at 08:59 AM

I had been waiting for the launch of this phone since I read about it. Frankly there are those who think that LG's phones suck, but I prefer them to many other brands. So the day it was officially launched in India I picked it up from this awesome site that I usually rely on to pick up my mobile phones mnvcollections.com I got this phone in my hands a few days ago and I think it's damn neat. I only wish that LG had not priced it at such a premium. Still if iPhone can command high prices, then I think LG has a right to do so too.

Danny George Sat Mar 2 at 07:05 AM

Its not that LG or Google doesn't want to launch Nexus 4 in India. its that they Don't have the stock to launch it, its in very low supply, in the US, UK, Australia etc markets customers have to wait 2-3 weeks to get the phone. they cannot even meet the demand of the Major markets, they vastly underestimated its demand.

ankit Fri Mar 1 at 03:42 PM

we will wait for Nexus4. otherwise i have to go with micromax HD canvas.

ankit Fri Mar 1 at 03:42 PM

we will wait for Nexus4. otherwise i have to go with micromax HD canvas.

Nexus Fri Mar 1 at 10:25 AM

Will wait for the Nexus 4 and the 3G version of Nexus 7. If not for a Nexus I would rather buy the Micromax Canvas A116 HD. Since Google has released Play Books in India now, Nexus 7 (3G version) is what is on my mind.

sachin Fri Mar 1 at 06:56 AM

i will wait for nexus 4 not matter whatif lg does not launch it in india i will buy from ebay or ask a friend to bring it from USA or Canada

gaurav Thu Feb 28 at 10:36 PM

LG & Google are simply underestimating the Indian Market, By not launching the nexus 4 in India. Nexus 4 is and will be a huge hit in India and elsewhere seeing it's price point with which it sells, and India is potentially the biggest market of such affordable high end phones.

Arun Thu Feb 28 at 10:05 PM

Both LG and Google are playing games. They are talking about past things. Projections and all. Why they can not give dates of probable launch now. Consumers should give demand and show willingness to buy and at the last moment diaappear.

Jatin Thu Feb 28 at 08:27 PM

wait for the nexus 4

D Thu Feb 28 at 06:08 PM

LG Optimus G Is a piece of crap.. will wait for My Nexus 4.

Name Thu Feb 28 at 04:43 PM

I will wait

Apple is reported to be planning to introduce the tougher synthetic sapphire screen for its new iPhone.How much would you be willing to pay for it?