• News

Is Google LG Nexus 4 ever getting launched in India?

Google LG Nexus 4 gets more expensive for Indian consumers

Google LG Nexus 4 gets more expensive for Indian consumers

Google LG Nexus 4 goes out of stock on Flipkart

Google LG Nexus 4 goes out of stock on Flipkart

Google LG Nexus 4 to cost more in India?

Google LG Nexus 4 to cost more in India?

Is LG Nexus 4 glass prone to cracks?

Is LG Nexus 4 glass prone to cracks?

google-lg-nexus-4-smartphone

The LG Nexus 4 was launched overseas on November 13, 2012

NEW DELHI, INDIA: After months of waiting for the India launch of Google LG Nexus 4, the excitement among Indian consumers regarding the smartphone seems to be dying down. The smartphone, which was initially being speculated to be launched in November 2012, has still not officially been launched in India.

With no word from Google or LG regarding the India launch, even online retailers are pushing the availability date on their websites forward. Online retail website Saholic.com, last week displayed the availability date of the smartphone as February 15, but has now pushed the date forward to February 28.''LG E960 Nexus 4 16GB will be available by 28/02/13'' says the latest message on the website.

Users selling the smartphone on eBay too are quoting a lesser price than what was being quoted earlier. The smartphone, which was in December being sold at Rs, 36,000, is now being sold at around Rs. 30,500 on eBay by users.

Indian consumers seem to be enraged by the lack of availability of the smartphone in the country. Many have opted to go for other smartphones as well. ''Google and LG has frustrated the customers. I bought note II rather than an endless wait,'' comments a viewer on CIOL.

''Was eagerly waiting for this phone for last 3 months and finally it is set to come to my doorsteps tomorrow.Believe me guys its a must have device.It is really pity LG has ignored India.Surely they are doing a really big mistake of ignoring one of the world's biggest smartphone market like India,'' says another CIOL viewer.

The reason behind the delay in launch in India is apparently due to a debate between LG and Google over the price tag of the smartphone, according to a report on IBN Live. The report, quoting an unnamed source says that ''They (LG and Google) have not yet come to terms on whether to opt for the same price model at which Google introduced the phone in the US, or let LG determine the price of the new phone for the Indian market.''

Whatever the reason may be, it should be kept in mind that some of the previous Nexus smartphones such as Galaxy Nexus and Nexus One were never launched in India and the second Nexus smartphone 'Nexus S' was made available after several months of the global release.What do you think will be the fate of LG Nexus 4 in India? Do let us know.

Dev Tue Mar 12 at 05:22 PM

is it 16GB veronica ?? where u brought from ??

Veronica Mon Mar 11 at 02:19 PM

The phone is available, bought the same from them for 24899/- awesome phone

Arun Fri Mar 1 at 12:29 PM

http://www.saholic.com/ delayed again "LG E960 Nexus 4 16GB will be available by 15/03/13"

Dev Thu Feb 28 at 12:11 PM

Some sites claim to launch it on 28th feb, but it`s not ,now within a 3 month of period they are not launching in india . in other hand LG launch Optimus G at Rs. 34000 . foreign sites sell LGN4 at Rs. 24 to 28000 price range , be carefull to deal with.

Dev Mon Feb 25 at 04:47 PM

Karan : One of my relative order it fromm google play store there . if u gonna buy it online , ebay US will cost u Rs. 22200 /- for 8GB version & Rs.25000/ for 16 GB. it`s bettr u ask your relative/frend to buy from there & ask them to bring it here, it`s unlock version , it`s rumour that it will launch in india on 28th , price btwen Rs 24 to 26 for 8 GB & 28 to 30 for 16 GB Version. wait & C.

amod006 Sun Feb 24 at 01:48 AM

i m waiting for this phone since dec2012 and now they saying it will be available in india from FEB end.. if this time they not launch phone so again i have to go with samsung grand..

Ramanath Sat Feb 23 at 07:24 PM

I have a packed nexus4, 8 gb. Price 24k. If anyone interested let me know.

nishant Fri Feb 22 at 03:04 PM

I don't think Google will ever partner with LG again

nishant Fri Feb 22 at 03:04 PM

I don't think Google will ever partner with LG again

nishant Fri Feb 22 at 03:04 PM

I don't think Google will ever partner with LG again

karan Thu Feb 21 at 03:10 PM

Hi DEv, Can you give the website from where you ordered 16gb phone for 380$? Thanks in advance.

Dev Wed Feb 20 at 04:10 PM

Hey Harsh, I too order it from U.S. , It is $300 + $30 shipping for 8 GB & $350 + $30 Shipping for 16 GB with in US , ask someone from US to bring it here , how the hell it cost you 24K ??? did you ask them to courier it from there OR u buy from ebay or amazon ??

Dev Wed Feb 20 at 04:10 PM

manu Wed Feb 20 at 10:47 AM

both apple and google are making a massive mistake with their lack of interest in india.. there is a massive window now available for microsoft and blackberry..

HEMANTA RANA Wed Feb 20 at 10:46 AM

TEACH LG A LESSON, DON'T BUY LG PHONE. GO FOR MICROMAX OR ANY OTHER INDIAN MANUFACTURERS. SOUTH KOREANS ARE TAKING US FOR A RIDE.

Harsh Wed Feb 20 at 10:46 AM

I bought it through USA for 24k, I was waiting for a long time since it's launch but now I ordered my phone and waiting for it.

Harsh Wed Feb 20 at 10:46 AM

Shrinath Tue Feb 19 at 04:47 PM

Its too much now....even Samsung galaxy S3 price is less than grey market price of Nexus 4, so its better to ignore LG.

DKV Mon Feb 18 at 09:22 PM

Company is making loads on money which is unexpectedly above their expectations. Big or not but the fact is they don't have time for India market. India market is not there priority.....I think the product will be launched only when its demand gets subdued in international market...or something better starts to appear in the market....

Subhashis Mon Feb 18 at 07:31 PM

I really don't understand how a savvy company like Google can allow delay in launch of this much awaited product. That too in one of the most biggest market. Latest data shows that iPhone 5 (which is btw a premium smartphone) has increased market share through aggressive pricing

Apple is reported to be planning to introduce the tougher synthetic sapphire screen for its new iPhone.How much would you be willing to pay for it?