• News

Online petition against Yahoo's stop chat room move

After Yahoo! Messenger chat rooms, say goodbye to these products too

After Yahoo! Messenger chat rooms, say goodbye to these products too

Yahoo! Messenger public chat rooms no more, move upsets users

Yahoo Messenger chat rooms service: Was it a boon or bane?

Yahoo Messenger chat rooms service: Was it a boon or bane?

Marissa Mayer, bring Yahoo! Messenger public chat rooms back: Users

Marissa Mayer, bring Yahoo! Messenger public chat rooms back: Users

Users across the world are signing an online petition asking Yahoo to revoke its recent decision to discontinue chat room services

MUMBAI, INDIA: Yahoo's recent decision to shut down its hugely popular chat room services and other features has not gone down well with millions of users across the world.

The move has annoyed a huge number of Internet users who have been using Yahoo's public chat room services for more than 15 years or so. Hence, they have now decided to send a strong public message to the company using an online petition.

Users have launched an online petition - 'Stop Yahoo from closing down their chat rooms' on the website - www.thepetitionsite.com and are asking the company to change its decision. Already around 386 users from around the globe have signed this online petition against Yahoo and the number is still growing. However the aim is to get 1000 users to sign this online petition.

"I have been on Yahoo for quiet a few years and have made some really good friends on Yahoo. And Yahoo rooms are the only way a lot of people have been communicating with the other folks so please keep the Yahoo rooms open," a user from India's Tamil Nadu state wrote in the petition.

Many tech analysts have observed Yahoo's move to stop chat services is to do more with the malicious activities and scammers who have made Yahoo chats infamous in recent years. The failure on part of Yahoo to deal with and control those online scammers and malicious activities including web-sex, flesh trade etc., using technology, remains one of the prime reasons why Yahoo decided to shut down chat room services.

However, the Yahoo chat rooms has good sides too. Joe Peterson from Wisconsin state of US in the petition said, "Please don't close chat, it is used for more then just chat. I had a virus on my computer and people from Single Parents1 room helped me get rid of that virus."

Given the popularity of Yahoo chat services among users, it would be no surprise if the online petition is signed by more than 1000 users. Moreover, the decision also puts a big question mark on the world's oldest Internet company, as it is not exhibiting more innovative tech capabilities to leverage its existing platform like Yahoo Messenger rather than close it and allow rivals to increase market share and business.

kuldeep Fri May 16 at 05:08 PM

i want to tell u something guys that only marrisa mayer is not the person who responsible to shutdown yahoo public chat room microsoft company is also responsible to shut down yahoo public chat room. becuse microsoft company shut down free chat room uk and other 28 . infact microsoft agree that chat rooms is the biggest industry on online internet sites and they wont shut down free chat room . after getting complain of many people that some people create child bad sites bad sites link in the chat room .creating bad rooms. thats why they shut down free chat rooms . after that marrisa mayer also shut down yahoo public chat room . listion to me u both Ceo And Listion good we yahoo fans did not take it this what u did ok becuase we dont accpet u panishment that u shut down yahoo public chat room becuse of some people are doing bad things on yahoo public chat room. thats u responisbilty to take care of bad people who do stuff like bad sites. u have to stop them AND second we all yahoo miliona and millions 90% fans are adult we all know what we are doing so chat room.so need to shut down free chat room . update us and replan to bring back our public chat room back thats the buttom line from kuldeep singh

jae92045 Thu Apr 24 at 12:30 AM

Yahoo's decision to shut down the classic games with chat rooms has had a very emotional affect on 1000's of people around the world. Friends that have communicated for years are now in the dark..you took a part of our lives away! Your new games are horrible, just like all the other site that we never went to, because they offer no friendly contact.

bluegirl Mon Feb 17 at 08:23 AM

please yahoo bring back plubic chat rooms , their is nothing to do on line any more ... bored as hell

Kevin Sat Feb 15 at 11:07 AM

Please bring back yahoo chat. It is a great resource for many who socialize online.

Cynthia Sat Dec 28 at 06:20 AM

Reopen Chat Rooms please. Many good people around the world to talk to.

Hussain Mon Nov 11 at 03:33 PM

We want reopen yahoo rooms fastly.Please start yahoo chatroom again

ghassan Tue Nov 5 at 02:29 AM

i have been using yahoo messenger for more than 8 years closing it will be a great loss please reopen it

Michael Zyskowski Mon Oct 21 at 08:58 PM

Guys, we've built yahoo chatrooms alternative, called e-chat have a look at www.e-chat.co its free and very simple help us promote e-chat, we really want to bring yahoo chatrooms back!

Namepari Tue Sep 17 at 06:09 PM

Plz come back

esy Tue Aug 13 at 05:41 PM

plz back i remmember chatrooms it was very cool add me to you massenger:esysss

prince Thu Aug 8 at 12:14 PM

we want yahoo chat room back.It is the only reason for me to use yahoo.

bill Wed Jun 19 at 04:44 AM

hate yahoo bring back chat rooms

Terri Tue Jun 11 at 09:19 AM

Yahoo you've decided that you know what is best for us, better than we know our selves? Therefore taking away our right to choice for our selves. I think this is a move to keep people from around the world from communicating with each other. Yahoo your a sell out as far as I'm concern. The whole reason I even bothered with yahoo in the first place was because of the chat other wise I really didn't use it...You messed up yahoo..thanks a lot for taking away our choice..

Name Mon Jun 10 at 06:29 AM

I think yahoo done us wrong why cant we keep chat rooms , its a lot of company to most people ,, all so we look forward to chat rooms c take to peole we know please don't make us suffer give back our chat rooms....................

anhsirk55 Tue Jun 4 at 10:44 AM

Shutting down of Yahoo Messenger ChatRooms is a big blow to the Public. Sad, very sad.

ANNA Fri May 24 at 08:11 PM

I HATE YAHOO...THAT WAS THE BEST FEATURE!!!HOW COULD THEY BE SO INCONSIDERATE

daniel Wed May 15 at 09:51 AM

i like for yahoo chat to come back please I enjoy so much now yahoo so boring

funny guy Fri May 3 at 09:27 PM

yahoo ceo miss marissa needs some gud then she will be ok with yahoo chat rooms

Kingston Tue Apr 30 at 11:41 AM

PLS DONT SHUTDOWN YAHOO CHAT ROOMS ITS MY REQUST ! PLS REOPEN YAHOO CHAT ROOMS PLEASE......

Yahoochatindia Mon Apr 29 at 04:41 AM

YahoochatIndia.blogspot.com Well, Yahoo chatrooms are gone, but we still have an alternative, our team made an alternative of yahoochat india1. If you know about Yahoo chatroom India 1 room, Join our room on, Yahoochatindia.blogspot.com, Please share and invite your friends

fernando Sat Apr 27 at 12:30 AM

hagamos algo mas fuerte,si no las abren abandonaremos todo lo que venga de yahoo,y quien la compro.saldremos de todos los mensajeros que sean de su propiedad, a ver si esto cuaja

elsa Fri Apr 26 at 10:12 PM

agradezco a uds, si volvieran a abrir las salas,ya que son de gran interes, eso formaba parte de la relacion entre las personas. tambien como ayuda sicologica de unos a otros, hacer amistades y preocuparse el uno por el otro,compartir en comun union, lo que hace que ahora estemos desencontrados. hemos recibido ayuda para aprender a usar nuestra pc de otros que estan mas avanzados. tambien muy util para las personas mayores, en la que se podia compartir musica, en caso puntual la sala de folclore de Argentina, Muchas Gracias en mi nombre y en de los que compartimos durante muchos años vuestros servicios, intenten por favor volver a activar las salas.

GALLE Fri Apr 26 at 08:12 PM

reabran las salas de yahoo

mis_pies_descalzos Fri Apr 26 at 06:19 PM

reabran las salas de yahoo

karoline Fri Apr 26 at 10:09 AM

abran por favorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr no quiero perder a tanta gente querida de tantos años!!!! eso es horribleeeee

s Fri Mar 29 at 05:23 PM

yahoo bring chat room back

manish Thu Mar 28 at 12:24 PM

We want yahoo messenger back.

rajan Tue Mar 26 at 11:00 PM

it is sad that yahoo messange\\r is closed

Rick Mon Mar 25 at 05:08 AM

I've been using Yahoo CHat for 14 years now and it has made me upset that they shut down yahoo chat. I just hope this Petition will work to bring back yahoo chat..

Anellie Sun Mar 17 at 08:35 PM

Hello...

YahoochatIndia Sat Mar 16 at 09:43 PM

sanjay Sat Mar 16 at 11:37 AM

i had been using yahoo from the day i started surfing 10 years ago and after its exit or closedown i had being to so many social networking sites chat rooms but none had satisfied me as i didnt find any1 much more secure,safe,user friendly i had been missing or regrett to add more and more new friends though i please request the management to return our social chatting life to us hope my request will be heard soon

Irfan Thu Mar 14 at 07:38 PM

Ladies add me as borntough20 for hot chat c2c.

Irfan Thu Mar 14 at 07:37 PM

Ladies add me as borntough20 for hot chat c2c.

Irfan Thu Mar 14 at 07:37 PM

Ladies add me as borntough20 for hot chat c2c.

Mani Thu Mar 14 at 02:36 PM

i have been using ym for more than 7 years. have so many friends. closing down is not good. so my request is to open it again.

Mani Thu Mar 14 at 02:36 PM

DR.BIGSTUFF Thu Mar 14 at 01:42 PM

Yahoo Chat is closing its doors in so I found a New friendly place to host my chats and stay in contact with my friends on Yahoo.I just registered at the bottom of this page http://drbigstuff.com/Rochester-Adult-Toys-Morning-Radio.html. and was able to secure my spot.If you don't want to lose your Yahoo friends check this place out and share with your list.

DR.BIGSTUFF Thu Mar 14 at 01:42 PM

kings Sun Mar 10 at 08:37 PM

PLS DONT SHUTDOWN YAHOO CHT ROOMS ITS MY REQUST ! PLS REOPEN YAHOO CHAT ROOMS

divya Tue Mar 5 at 05:32 PM

i want reopen yahoo rooms fastly pls do it.

anand Sat Mar 2 at 06:58 AM

This is a Great news For me... FAKK OFFFF YAHOO CHAT... So many boys and girls were addicted to yahoo chat for sx only... so many marriages were gone towards divorce My Indian Fellows were used this yahoo chat in negative way... Not only in India.... Globally... I think only 20% of people were used this chatting feature in correct way.... Thank GOD... STUDENTS AND FAMILIES WILL BE IN A GOOD PATH....

ANAND Sat Mar 2 at 06:55 AM

This a Great news For me... FAKK OFFFF YAHOO CHAT... So many boys and girls were addicted to yahoo chat for sx only... so many marriages were gone towards divorce My Indian Fellows were used this yahoo chat in negative way... Not only in India.... Globally... I think only 20 of people were used this chatting feature in correct way.... Thank GOD... STUDENTS AND FAMILIES WILL BE IN A GOOD PATH....

BALA Fri Mar 1 at 04:17 PM

I LOVE UUUUUUUUUUU DEAR I MISS U "IT MEAN WE MISS ALL OUR FRIENDS FUNS & ALL SO WE NEED UUUU...PLEASE COME BACK...

jack Sun Feb 24 at 09:53 AM

you close the chat rooms but do bugger all about the useless groups section which is a breeding ground for virus infections stupid or what

Aniruddha.Banerjee Tue Feb 19 at 09:47 PM

please start yahoo chat...

Jani Tue Feb 19 at 09:18 PM

There are also many other chats like www.yagoloo.com. My personal favourite. I have seen a huge amount of previous Yahoo users there.

raghu Mon Feb 18 at 03:28 PM

yahoo chat room had been a part of our daily routine life, the soon yahoo decided to close the chat we r desiabled. hence request to plz open.however in this globlized era company should improve new activites to attract more customers

prilal Sat Feb 16 at 02:59 PM

im single male from Sri Lanka 30 old now im using skype my skype id is kglpmendis im waiting for ur requast thank you

sahil Fri Feb 15 at 04:11 PM

yahoo chatrooms r more than just chat - its fun n we can add friends for sure - bt before that we get to knw diff culture n rules - for eg. if i hv to travel to singapore, i can enter singapore room - chat openly about my queries and sure of getting an answer too - easy to understand n find solutions - its really helpful indeed - yahoo is showing inefficiency by closing it - its like someone is asking us to stay home, coz outside people r driving rashly n u can come across an accident - well, its upto the law to control malicious intentions n false people n SPAM VIRUS - not us n many more who r enjoying the open chat -

Apple is reported to be planning to introduce the tougher synthetic sapphire screen for its new iPhone.How much would you be willing to pay for it?