• News

Beware of fraudulent calls from Pakistan

Vodafone warns of 'missed calls' from Pak

Indians facing threat of SIM card cloning?

India bans bulk SMS, but will Pak stop prank calls?

'Fake' Angel Pad and pesky Pak calls: Beat it now

Ever since CIOL published an article on fraudulent calls from Pakistan in 2010, readers have been writing to us on their experiences. Except some alerts from service providers, there has been no serious action so far. What do you think the government should do?

BANGALORE, INDIA: Are you getting missed calls from unidentified numbers starting with +92? Feeling tempted to call back to see if it's someone you know? Think twice before you do that as the calls may be from scamsters in Pakistan.

phoneJust yesterday, CIOL reader Pravin Sharma wrote to us: “I also got a miss call from +923044433686. My cell is in CUG. I noticed that almost all my office colleague received missed call from same number.”  He was responding to our story on Vodafone's warning to its customers, which was published in 2010.

That sums up the gravity of  negligence as for over two years there has been no respite from fraudulent calls. Airtel and Vodafone have issued alerts on their website warning people. Vodafone's message reads: “At Vodafone, we care for your security. If you receive a missed call from an unidentified number starting with +92, do not call back or divulge any personal details.''

The Airtel warns: "Do not respond to any unexpected calls from a number with the +92 or +375 country code."

The caller might tell you that you have won a lottery and even go to the extent of tricking you by citing the cheque number.

Do not respond to any unexpected calls from a number with the +92 or +375 country code. Aquil Iqbal Burney says: “I got a missed call today and when I called back on the same number +923340745302 they told me that I'd won an amount of 10 lakhs and the guy gave me Lottery number as 065131 and the cheque number as 465001 and was telling me to call on a number 00923478869110. I took all the information for the sake of lodging a complaint.”

Most of the responses we have got are from Indians. Jyoti Gupta wrote: “Hi All, I am a Vodafone subscriber and I got a missed call from +92 3414801276. I called on that number and there was some ringtone in URDU, a man picked up the phone stating that he is from Vodafone and I have won 25 lakh rupees which i need to collect from their Bandra office he gave me a number to call as well which i did not note. It is very risky to dial such numbers.”

Some of the numbers, which are allegedly being used in this fraud are +923044433686, +923007355415, +923414801276, +923423128685, +923417992778, +923026393127, +923027471183, etc.

If you have had similar experiences please do share them with us.

Anonymous Thu Jul 3 at 02:53 PM

I'm an airtel customer and last night I got a call from +923048836201.I did not attend the call. Please be careful from the cheap scamsters. Pakistani number = dangerous.

VAIBHAV PURWAR Mon Jun 2 at 06:00 PM

yes, I recd a miss call from no. +923069881587

rehan Fri May 30 at 06:55 PM

I am getting miss calls from Pakistan from various numbers. monthly I get 4 times from different numbers .today I got a call from +923361076769. I don't know y this Pakistani idiots are doing this. Indian government should take a action regarding this matter

LNR Tue Apr 29 at 01:16 PM

I got a call from +92335181907, I attended it, and it got cut after 1 second. What does it mean, is my mobile hacked..? What hould I do now.

Saloni Fri Apr 25 at 11:23 AM

I am an airtel customer, got a call from a number and called back because i was expecting a call for a job interview, he picked and said he is vijay kumar from airtel customer care so i disconnected, later the call costed rs 14, that's when i realised it was the pakistani fraud number, the number got deleted from my call log. This is very annoying, hope they dont copy my sim details somehow!

lavkush lodhi Mon Apr 21 at 1:00 pm Mon Apr 21 at 01:14 PM

i am vodafone customer today Mon apr 21 at 1:00 pm today i recvied a call from 00923009651189 that i won 25 lakh rupees and told me to call back i was just surprised that it was international number from Pakistan and i simply disconnect the phone.

neha rastogi Thu Apr 3 at 11:08 AM

today i received a call from no.923054111193 that i won 10 lakh rupees and told me to call him back that time i didn't see the no. when i call back i was just surprised that it was international number from Pakistan and i simply disconnect the phone.

Vishan Wed Apr 2 at 11:40 AM

I got a missed call from this number +923076786395 today morning (5am). 2nd April 2014. As i suspected about such fraud call so i didnt attend the call. I am a Airtel customer from Tamil Nadu.

ritu Tue Apr 1 at 05:01 PM

i recieved a call from no 923054287826,but did not pic this no.i called the uninor(my service provider)immediately but ppl said they dont know anything,cant do anything and suggested to get a police complaint.uninor company should know about such scams running and warn mobile clients instead of sending useless services calls and messages.

Pavan Pujari Sat Mar 29 at 02:12 AM

Even i got a missed call from a unknown number starting from ''+92'' (+923078480628) n i didn't call back.. i got the call on 24/3/14 @3:23pm.. i browsed in net and got to know that the call was from Karachi, Lahore..!! i was shocked.. so i'm worried that, will i face any problem if i got a call from lahore..?? i don't want to be in any problem.. so please do help me to know about it.. will i face any problem...?? quite scared.

adil Fri Mar 28 at 02:47 PM

i am uninor customer from andhra pradesh i got a call from the below given number stating i have won the KBC lottery of 25 Lacs and said that saharaone Tv channel is displaying my number and said me to pay 15,000 thousand rupees to manager ac for transactions Manager No: 00923476235164 stating name rehan i called this number twice or trice i got amount deducted of 11rs/min. after that i realized that it is a fake call

hi Tue Mar 25 at 10:46 AM

Tuesday march 2014 @ 10.21 am got missed call from 923357898724 .I called back a male picked the call and said that he is from bombay and said that I have won 25 lakh cash price. He gave me number and asked to call back. I got doubt and searched and found that it is fraud from others post. I am posting because it might be useful for someone. Please do not call back the number . Also I am going to post on the FB.

ooooooo Tue Mar 25 at 10:38 AM

Tamal Mon Mar 17 at 03:28 PM

I got a call from +923067774606. I picked up and someone was speaking in horrible and broken english about something to do with Rs 45 lakh. I thought it was fradulent call and disconnected. I have not called the number back either.

Asha Arora Wed Mar 5 at 08:35 AM

i got the similar type of call from 923086633046 wherein I told the caller my service provider i.e. Airtel has denied of making any such calls then caller said ours is the main call centre some body from the local call csntre must have messaged you why service providers in India donot block such nos in the intrest of Indian citizens

Suraj Tue Feb 25 at 09:53 AM

Hi, I also got a missed call from Pakistan Number : +92 3345314816. Mistakely I called them back. And Some person on the other side , told that I have won a lotery of 20 Lac. Immediately I understood that it was fraud call and I ended call. The call continued for 1:50 minutes and I was charged Rs. 28 . I called cutomer care and they advised me to barr all calls from pakistan numbers starting with +92. I donno If I have to do something else also.

Bhanu Wed Feb 19 at 06:26 PM

Hi. Today Around 2:30 PM I got a missed call and I was damn busy and ddin't even notice the number and just swiped back to dial and some fellow picked the call and asked me that As I am Airtel Customer and Its been selected and won 25 Lacks. Then I have disconnected the call and was telling to my friend about this and she saw the number and Then we realized that it is from Pakistan. Number is +923017624762. I got scared for a bit but left it as it was nothing, and then I started getting calls after some time from diff diff numbers and all of them are Pakistan numbers +923474989497, +923017624762. I have logged a case with Airtel, But not sure what action they are gonna take on this.

Asif Mannan Wed Feb 19 at 10:23 AM

I also got missed call from that number so I called back but nobody pick it so whats the matter behind this.

Saikumar Wed Feb 12 at 09:11 PM

I am Saikumar, I got missed call from +923015798890 @21:02 12/02/2014. i tried to give them, missed call in return and got busy tone. then after i got call again and a male tone "call me back" said in Urdu.. i just asked Bing search "why i am gettings calls from pakisthan" and i got this page (: thank you ppl for sharing this info, and i thought to share my experience too.. :) resulted this post :P

Mou Thu Feb 6 at 02:32 PM

I got a missed call from this number 00923013444651,and ithought i missed sum call so i called back,bt i heard sum recorded voice sayin international call n i disconnect..should i raise any complaint against this?i was not aware regarding this..

Priya Tue Jan 28 at 09:41 PM

I got a missed call on my Airtel Postpaid number from a Pakistan number +923027783057 today an disconnected suddenly. I did not called back.

vikram Wed Jan 15 at 09:15 AM

also got a call number starting with +92 3341457759 in my number.I received suddenly but later second it got disconnected. I wondered then checked that it is a number from Pakistan. I didn't cal back.

faraz Mon Jan 6 at 09:49 AM

Hi every one i too got a call from +923028981643.. he says he is calling from delhi but the number looks like from pakistan.. and he said that i won a 25 lakhs rupees. for that u need to give the bank details.. he called me 4 times.. I realised its a fraud call from pak..

Sonu Sun Dec 29 at 09:25 PM

Just now I got a call from +923008761558, unfortunately I recievd that phone. And he told me , he is calling from Kon Banega crorepati and I won 25 Lakh rupees, He has given me one number to call 00923366994426 this numbre and give the number 6679 to him for process your money. But I didn't call to any number.

kalpesh Sat Dec 21 at 09:40 AM

hi, my name is kalpesh and even i got an call from this unknown number +923035195494, they said that i won a lottery for 25 lakhs and then i saw that this number was some different number so i just disconnected. I thought of informing this number so that people will be aware of it.

kalpesh Sat Dec 21 at 09:37 AM

Suman Ghosh Fri Dec 20 at 02:42 PM

I also got a call number starting with +92 in my two different numbers. I wondered then checked that it is a number from Pakistan. I didn't cal back.

Ramesh Thu Dec 19 at 12:15 PM

Fraud No. Be Aware-- 0923054803752

Rahul Fri Dec 13 at 10:51 AM

I also got a call from no +923055588651 twice (first @ 03-Dec-13 @ 12:39 PM and 2nd time @ 04-Dec-13 @ 11:01 AM), but I didn't call back as i was aware about these type of calls. I just wanted to share this no to this website.

rahul Fri Dec 13 at 10:45 AM

I also got a call from no +923055588651, but I didn't call back as i was aware about these type of calls. I just wanted to share this no to this website.

swathi Wed Dec 4 at 11:56 AM

Hi, I got a call from +923012115515 today at 11:29 A.M. The person spoke in hindi telling me I have won some cash through a lottery and asked me to note down this number 00923044111514 and give him a call on it. As soon as I saw this number, I doubted it and checked my phone to realize it was a call fro pakistan.I dropped the call. I was on call with him for 1 min 16 seconds. Hope that there is no danger associated with it

Prasanna Wed Nov 20 at 03:39 PM

Please add another number in your list: +923038760242. I am Idea subscriber and I got this call on 13th Nov 2013 at 10:20 AM. He told me that I have won a prize from Idea of 25Lakh Rs and he needs some information to process the amount. I simply disconnected the phone.

Ravikumar M Wed Nov 13 at 07:53 AM

I got a missed call fron number starting g with +92 yesterday around 9 pm and my caller I'd app showed that it was comming from Pakistan for a moment I was shocked and I called them someone picked and said congratulations to you and your family your air el number had won 25 lakh and he asked where do you reside in Karnataka in Urdu I said Mysore and call got disconnected because I was not having sufficient balance after some time I recharged my account and called him back but this time some other person pucked up the call I asked him what do you want from me he said that I have won a lottery and I asked him from where he was calli ng he said Mumbai I thought that some thing is wrong here and call got disconnected so what shall I do now I was shocked when I saw about sim clonning in Google shall I deactivate my simcard please help!

Shekhar Sat Nov 9 at 03:48 PM

Shekhar. Today I also received First Missed call [ Two times ringing bell ] from +923074477729 after few munite secound missed call for half ringing bell.

Shekhar Sat Nov 9 at 03:17 PM

Jives Tue Nov 5 at 08:23 PM

In the first call i recieve it because its an international(pakistan) nos. +923049490155, after the person who is talking with me saying that you win the sum of rs. 25 lakh in our lucky draw which is choosen by selecting the lottery phone nos., and he is also ask about me that, what you do? Whats ur account nos.? How many balance do you have now in your mobile phone?... I thnk that its' any kind of fraud because i am an Indian and the incoming is from Pakistan and he is also not talking with me in an official language of a company(which means talking in hindi or may be urdu) and also telling me that tomorrow on 9 a.m one of our company's member [surname only i remember(Kumar)] will conversation with you about how to deliver your cheque and all... And after few minutes the same nos. recall me back 2 or 3 times, but i didn't recieved the call...

arun Thu Oct 31 at 02:56 PM

this thing is getting very frequently as i also got a call from 923025754922 and a guy told me the same thing about kbc's lottery of rs 25 lakhs has been won and gave me a 14 digit pin and asked me to call a number of a bank manager and provide him this pin number...i searched on internet and found this article...he called me 5 times back but i sent it to busy and switched it off..he has never called now....everyone shud b aware of this

vishal rane Mon Sep 23 at 11:10 AM

I also got miss call from no.+923052045396 today dt:23.09.13. When I call on same number someone has told that I have won 10 lacks and they gave another number +923007003753 to talk with person Vikas Varma for further information. I did not call on this number but when I search that code number and i found that said number is from PAKISTAN.. SO please beware from same number.

vijay Mon Sep 23 at 09:54 AM

Got a call from +923066528548. I didnt respond but tarcked it to tobateksingh, Pakistan. Please add these numbers to the DND list to avoid any further incidents.

Ran Thu Sep 19 at 10:02 AM

I got call from +923084907998 stating that I have lottery of 25 lacks. they gave one another number too and told me to call on that number to get more info. I completed talk with him and hanged up, even after I got 3 missed calls from the same number.

name Wed Sep 18 at 12:53 AM

+923084593628 my mom got a missed call from this number...fortunately she dint answer the call.

Name Tue Sep 17 at 10:14 AM

Just recieved AT 9:26 AM a call from number +923077476252, He said He is calling from Custoner Care office & I have won a lottery of 25 Lacs, And I have to call back to the same number to get more details.

jeet Mon Sep 16 at 01:32 PM

+923331655105 adding this another number into the list so if someone googles the number reaches here.

bharat Wed Sep 4 at 02:29 PM

my name is bharat k c and I ve been receiving regularly missd calls starting with country code +92,,,,,,,, I came to know from somewhere abt this country code and wed 2nd sep 2013 morning 0730 I got t missd call from +923039188695.

Bharat Sat Aug 31 at 11:35 PM

I got missed call from number 923039188695, which I missed out and called back. The other side person told me that I have won a lottery of 25 lacs. I told him that I have not bought any lottery ticket and hanged up the call. Whom should we contact and inform for these kind of calls.

Ankur Patel Thu Aug 29 at 10:06 AM

I am Ankur Patel, I too got call from pakistan number saying that you have got 10 lac lottery, By language i realise immediately and disconnect the call,

Anonymous Wed Aug 28 at 06:23 PM

Just recieved a call from (not a missed call) number +923044305231, He said He is calling from AIRTEL office in Mumbai & I have won a lottery of 10 Lacs, And I have to call back to the same number to get more details.

Amit Khare Tue Aug 27 at 11:08 AM

Today on 27 august 2013 I got a missed call from +923039191221, I was busy in my office work and unknownly call back to the same number. From other end I heard something in Urdu I have immediatly disconnected the call then my colligue said taht never pick up the call from 92 numbers as these are the fraud insecured calls from Pakistan.

Krystian Wed Aug 21 at 08:05 PM

I always reject such calls and never call back, but recently I got them quite frequently, always from same number. I googled the number and I found a list of phone number included the one that called me (http://dc313.4shared.com/doc/wtUx0Cbg/preview.html) Wonder if it`s the list of number used for these kind of frauds. Also, would would happen if I would pick up this call, but not call back? Would it cost me anything?

Rachit Wed Aug 7 at 01:03 PM

I also got call from +923005133131 today morning. By mistaken call was picked by me as I was busy in working. BUt with out any delay I disconnected the call. What should I do?. should i inform the police?

Do you think the smart watches available in market are matured enough?