Survey reveals 37 percent of respondents indicate that they have been using cloud computing for three or more years
NATICK, USA: TwinStrata, Inc., an innovator in cloud-integrated storage solutions has announced the results of its 2013 Cloud Storage Adoption Survey.
Conducted during the first half of 2013, the survey - updated from June 2012 - focuses on the attitudes and experiences of a cloud-friendly sample group as determined by their attendance at a recent cloud conference.
The survey results compare how cloud-mature group has shifted year-over-year and highlights advancements in adoption and shifts in viewpoint.
Among the key findings:
* Storage capacity requirements are quickly outstripping the ability of IT to support them, with three out of a full 60 percent of respondents agreeing, "It seems like we are always running out of storage."
* More than a third (37 percent) of respondents indicate that they have been using cloud computing for three or more years - an increase of more than a third over last year.
* Adoption rates across all cloud initiatives (including software as a service, platform as a service, infrastructure as a service and cloud storage) have increased year over year.
* Despite having the second lowest adoption rate today (46 percent), cloud storage is the cloud initiative that faces the highest level of eventual adoption, with 84 percent using or planning to use cloud storage.
* Scalability/storage expansion was the benefit most cited by organizations currently using cloud storage. In contrast, it was also the benefit least cited by those with no plans to implement storage.
Click here to download the full report and its accompanying infographic!